2008年10月22日 星期三

Volunteer at School

During the teacher/parent conference, I told Ha's teacher that I am available on Tuesdays and Thursdays because Hee goes to preschool in the morning, and if she needs help, I can be a volunteer.

Monday night, his teacher wrote an email to invite me to help her set up the science experiment for Wed., so I went to the school yesterday morning.

The advantage of being a volunteer is that I will have a better understanding of what Ha learns in school, so I can have more discussion with him at home. Also, now, I know the website that his science class uses, so if he has any questions in the future, I will be able to go online and get some understanding of the experiment myself.

When we were on the first grade, we didn't have the science experiment. We only planted some mung beans or had some silkworms. However, Ha's science experiments are more complicated. There's a kit for each experiment---all the materials are prepared, and there's a clear written instruction for the teacher; moreover, there's an online video clip to explain the preparation.

Being a volunteer at school helps me to broaden my view, and actually, Ha loves to see me at school, too.

7 則留言:

匿名 提到...

I volunteer as well. Phil also went to her class once as a mystry reader.

匿名 提到...

It's wonderful to volunteer at school. I do that once in a while at Charity's preschool too.

Happy Family 提到...

JF, "mystry reader"? that's funny.
SF, Yes, kids love to see the parents there.

匿名 提到...

I like to help out in the classroom as well, which really helps me observe not only how Huhu's doing at school but also how other kids behaving and learning at school.

Happy Family 提到...

exactly.

Pko2003 提到...

在學校幫忙真的好處不少,能知道小孩學習情形,跟人相處的關係,也能知道老師在教什麼,不過就是累了點。

Happy Family 提到...

Yes. Tomorrow afternoon, I'll go to the school again to help with the decoration for the Sat.'s Pumpkin Festival.