2008年10月27日 星期一

A Letter to Mercury News

I really can't stand it anymore when we put out the yard signs "yes on 8" on the street, and they were damaged or stolen so many times in the past week, so I wrote a letter to Mercury News, and here it goes:

I believe that few of our neighbors must be strongly against Prop.8 because our yard signs of "Yes on Prop.8 " have been damaged or stolen many times in the past week. We put 2 signs out last Sunday, but they were pulled out many times by someone, and eventually, they disappeared. Then, we put another one out on Thursday, but it's totally gone on Friday as well. I have one question: "If people who support "No on Prop.8" claim that everyone should have the equal right,and if they believe that "no on 8" is going to "end the hate", why can't we have the right to voice our opinions, and how could they damage and steal our property?"

It can only has 125 or less words, and I wrote 123 words. It will be 125 if adding my first, middle and last name.

Yesterday, someone put out 2 more yard signs of "yes on 8", and they were pulled out again today, and I helped them to put them back on. We got 2 signs from the church as well, and when the other 2 signs disappear, we will put out ours, too. There are only one week away from the election day, and May God bless the American, bless the Californian. There's very little that we can do right now, but at least, we did our share.

6 則留言:

匿名 提到...

這個人真是把你氣到了! 氣到你要投書報社! =) 我能理解你的氣憤, 希望八號提案通過!!!!

Happy Family 提到...

一點沒錯!!!!

匿名 提到...

My and my friends' "Yes on 8" signs were all been pulled.

Happy Family 提到...

我覺得這些 no on 8 的人只有少數真的關心同性婚姻的問題,大部分的都只是唯恐天下不亂。

匿名 提到...

Almost all "Yes on 8" signs in my neighborhood got pulled! It used to be quite a few Yes on 8 signs, but now almost none.
The Yes on 8 sign my friend put in her front yard, not only being pulled, but also destroyed.

Happy Family 提到...

我每天在修補signs,然後插回去。