2008年10月26日 星期日

A Long Day

Saturday, 10/25 was a long day for us.

Usually, I bake cupcakes on Saturdays as breakfast, and this week, I baked 14 apple&banana cupcakes. After we finished the breakfast, we went to McClellan Ranch Park where is now an 18-acre natural preserve park. It had an annual wildlife education day on Saturday, and I thought that my kids would be interested in it, so we went. Ha and Hee made birdfeeders, planted some small plants, and they touched many live animals. They loved the little chicken the best, and they fed them some food. They played with the animals for a long time, and I walked around to ask the experts some questions about compost, flowers, and how to get the honey from the beehives. I liked to touch the snake. Some girls tied the snake around their nacks, and I really wanted to try it, too, but I thought that I was too old to do this kind of children stuff, so I didn't do it.

We went home for lunch, and kids watched the TV for an hour, and then we set off again to Ha's school for Pumpkin Festival. Ha told me that his teacher's husband needed to attend a class, so she will be at school around 3pm, so he wanted to be at school at 3pm, too. He loved to see his teacher, so I guessed that he's not a trouble student at school because usually, trouble students want to hide away from the teachers as far as possible.

Ha and Hee played a lot of games, had fun and got some prizes. We also saw Ha's carved pumpkin in the library. Then, there's a not-so-funny magic show, so we went home before the show ended.

When we got home, it's around 5pm. I helped Ha to put his prizes in his room, and then, when I went to the kitchen, I saw that Stephen was measuring the rice. It was not a usual thing that he would do, and moreover, he measured cups and cups of rice, so I asked him who would be coming. He said that his brother's family would be here, but they are not big huge people, and I didn't think that they were able to eat so much. Ok, I know, it's a "surprise party"! The question was that we had been out the whole day, what were they going to eat when they came? Stephen went to the market to buy some food, and I cooked 2 easy dishes and cut some fruit. Ha and Hee didn't know that my birthday is coming, so when they found out, Hee went to clean up his room, and Ha started to decorate our house with ribbons, and he took out the candles. He asked for the cake, but we didn't have one, so he decorated the cupcakes that was leftover from the breakfast. At school's pumpkin festival, he could choose a prize because he caught a rubber duck. He chose a big ring for me. Later, when he found that it would be my birthday party, he took the ring back and wrapped it with a wrapping paper and asked me to take it out from the wrapping paper and wear it because it's my birthday gift. Even though Ha usually doesn't talk much or show much emotion, but indeed, he's a romantic guy. The prize box was full of stickers and toys, but he chose a ring for Mama, which was very nice and warm. ( I thought that the he liked the ring and wanted to get it for himself, but it's too big for him, so he gave it to me; however, this morning, when I asked him why he chose the ring, he said that he chose it on purpose. He knew that it was for girl, so he chose it for me. So sweet!) Hee usually is a sweet boy, but he didn't show any special action last night. He had too much fun with his friends.

By the way, my husband was very sweet, too because he invited our friends and family here without letting me know it. He must have been nervous because we were out for the whole day, and he hardly had time to cook or buy food. Even though the surprise party was really a surprise when I found it out, but there's still a big surprise for me and for him: When we started eating, he found that he forgot to press the buttom on the rice cooker, and the rice which made me found out about the party was UNCOOKED!!!!!!!Hahahaha.....


After dinner, when I thought that we were going to share the cupcakes, Stephen took out a beautiful. He hid it in our bedroom, and that was a surprise for me. I had a happy birthday party because I was able to spend time with my lovely friends and family.

This Saturday was a very very long day!

(I'll upload more photos to slide show on the side bar)
I

6 則留言:

Happy Family 提到...

媽媽,謝謝妳的祝賀。 我把妳的留言刪掉,不是怕親友知道我的年齡或生日,而是因為不想讓不好的人知道我的出生年月日(妳全寫上了)。網路太雜,又不知道有誰在看,還是小心為妙。

匿名 提到...

Happy ?th Birthday!! ^_^
You are very lucky to have three sweet boys.... :D

匿名 提到...

What a long but sweet day. I agree with Nadia that you are blessed to be surrounded by three very sweet boys too. Happy birthday. I will mail your present tomorrow!!!

Pko2003 提到...

Happy B-Day!!!

有貼心的老公跟小孩,真的很幸福啊!

Haha其實是個細心的小孩,他對小卡很好,很會帶小卡玩,多謝你們的招待,大人小孩都玩得很高興,尤其小卡玩到一回家就睡死了。

Happy Family 提到...

Thanks everyone! I agree with you that I'm blessed to have sweet husband and sons. (but actually, sometimes, I'm sweet, too! Hahaha.....)

匿名 提到...

How sweet!