2008年10月10日 星期五

Pumpkin Carving

On Wed., Ha told me that his teacher said that there's a pumpkin carving contest at the end of October, so he wanted to carve a pumpkin, too. He asked me not to buy a huge pumpkin; otherwise, it will be too heavy for him to carry to school; therefore, I chose a middle size pumpkin for him, and he was happy about my choice.

He did most of the carving by himself, and I just helped him to scoop out the inside seeds and helped him to make sure that 2 eyes were the same size. I was afraid that he might hurt his fingers, so I gave him a glove, but he didn't use it. Actually, he was pretty careful at carving, and he did a better job than I expected.



On Wed., he told me that he's going to put the solar light on top, so I thought that he's going to do so. When he carried the pumpkin to his room, I didn't go & check it; however, when he came out of his room, it added a light with a switch and a battery. It was nice, and again, "high tech!" I told him not to use the tape because it looked "unprofessional", so later, he used the nails and the glue to put the switch on.

A short clip of video:

One problem is that the contest will be on 10/24, and I really doubt that the pumpkin can last that long. If not, Ha said that we can do another one the day before the contest. Oh, well.

10 則留言:

匿名 提到...

wow, very special, i like it.

匿名 提到...

very clever.

匿名 提到...

yeah! its much better,

匿名 提到...

哈哈:阿公好誇獎你,你太棒了,比阿公還棒.

Happy Family 提到...

阿公太謙虛了。Ha 喜歡當阿公的小學徒。

Jenniflower 提到...

Ha is super!!!!

匿名 提到...

Super. I hope he can win the contest!!!

Happy Family 提到...

It's hard for him to win the contest, but I think that he's having fun doing it.

匿名 提到...

哈非常有DIY的天賦!

Happy Family 提到...

Yes, he loves to DIY.