2008年10月10日 星期五

Preschool Homework

From last week, Hee's preschool started having homework, too. He usually got homework on Thurs. and needs to turn it in on Tuesday. At the beginning, I thought that he may not enjoy his whole weekend because he needs to do the homework; however, after these two weeks, I think that I'm worrying too much because he usually finishes everything before dinner time on Thursday.

He loves to do his homework and started doing it when he was still in the car. I asked him not to, but he just couldn't wait. When we came back from school, I usually cook our lunch first, and he went to my room and continued to work on his homework. (he likes to write his work on the floor. I asked him to use the table, but he didn't want to.) The problem was that without adults' supervision, he couldn't understand the instruction on the paper, and sometimes, he might do it wrong and need to erase and write again.

He always said that he knew how to do it, and he didn't need my help, but in fact, he's not always right. It reminded me what the Bible says: “驕傲在敗壞以先;狂心在跌倒之前”, “尊榮以先,必有謙卑。” However, other than that, I really like his attitude toward the homework because I don't need to push him all the time.

Comparing to Hee, Ha is more conservative. He needs to know the instruction clearly before he starts, and he's slower than Hee. He usually finishes his weekly homework in 2 days.

3 則留言:

Jenniflower 提到...

Great job, Hee.
Every kid's personality is so different.

匿名 提到...

Your two boys are so different. Aiai's preschool does not have homework. It is a play base preschool.

Happy Family 提到...

I'm working on teaching Hee to be humble in terms of doing his homework. A good character is more important than good school work.