2009年6月19日 星期五

SonRock Kids Camp- VBS 2009

This is our VBS week, and the theme of this VBS is SonRock Kids Camp~~~
Son: Son of God, Jesus; Rock: Peter.....So, in the VBS, we talked about the stories between Jesus and Peter and brought out the main points: We are accepted by God, protected by God, saved by God, forgiven by God and we are living for God.
I took turns with another teacher to teach Pre-K class. There were 3 groups of kids coming in every 30 minutes, and we had about 40 kids in total. I taught on Monday, Wed, and Friday.
Sunday afternoon, I felt something wrong with my voice, and it got worse and worse. I knew that VBS was not just a church event but a spiritual warfare, and satan was going to attack us in any way it could because it didn't want any kid to be saved by Jesus. I didn't have a lot voice, but it was too late to switch my teaching day with another teacher on Sunday night because she never taught VBS before, so she would be nervous if she needed to teach for the first day, and all the material for the first day was with me anyways. All I could do just to pray and have other brothers and sisters pray for me.
My voice got even worse on Monday morning, but I still believed that God could do something with it. Kids would get into my room at 9:30am. I tried out my voice, but I still had very broken voice at 9:20am. I knew that I was just a servant of the Lord, and He would take care of me, and I was waiting to experience His power.
At 9:30am, when I saw the kids and welcomed them into the room, my broken voice got much better. I got enough voice to get through 3 sections which were about one and half hours long in total. It was a miracle. All the helpers were supportive, all the kids were quiet and concentrated, and I could feel that Holy Spirit was there with us. Praise the Lord. 不是倚靠勢力,不是倚靠才能,唯有倚靠神的靈方能成事!
Guess what? When I went home on Monday, my voice was gone again, and it got even worse. How bad? Even Stephen couldn't understand me. When he's home from work, I said to him:"@@@@@@@@@@@@@", he started laughing and saying: "you don't have to talk because I couldn't understand you anyways." I tried my best and said again: "I need your help, could you get some green onion from the backyard for me?" He laughed and went to the backyard. That's how bad my voice was! And Jesus helped me to went through the story time in the morning. Some helpers were surprised that I could talk because they heard my voice during the prayer meeting in the morning.
There's one more thing that I wanted to mention. I sent out the prayer request on Monday morning, and a friend from our fellowship sent Honey Lemon drink to the church, and a friend from the 3rd worship service came to the church to see if I needed help. Also, many coworkers prayed for me and cared about me. I was surrounded by their love, and I could feel Jesus' love through them. They were just like angels sent by God. Because of love, when I saw the kids, I had a loving heart, too because God loved me first. It was a blessed voiceless day.
My voice got better and better each day, and Ha and Hee enjoyed the activities every day. Every night, I asked them about what they learned during the day, and they remembered most of the Bible stories and memorizing verses. They also loved the game time, snack time, singing time and craft time. When I asked how they liked their teacher and big brothers and sisters, Ha gave me the answer: Two Thumbs UP! and Hee agreed with him. They really loved those big brothers and sisters, and I thanked God for these helpers. They have even more love and patience toward the kids than we adults. I prayed with some of them in the prayer meeting, and I found that they were good at praying and their spiritual lives were good. Their parents should be very proud of them.
Both Ha and Hee told me that they wished that they could go to VBS every day. I thought: "I am already very tired when there are only 5 days. I can't imagine what will happen to me if we have VBS every day." However, even though I was tired physically, I was joyful spiritually to serve these kids and to serve with many good coworkers; especially when I saw many kids started to open up themselves in the classroom and at the singing time on the 5th day, and when I saw them raising the hands to accept Jesus as their savior.
These are some songs that they sang:
SonRock Kids Camp (Heehee): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztlFonBaxwg

2 則留言:

May 提到...

V.B.S.我很喜歡,Ha Ha 跳得多,Hee Hee
較少,我們教會的是6/22--6/26.

Happy Family 提到...

那是前幾天照的。後來Hee就很愛跳了。前面2個video,Hee 站在最前排,跳的很高興。