2009年6月16日 星期二

Birthday & Surprised Father's Day Party

Well, even though the ladies didn't get a Mother's Day Party, we thought about throwing gentlemen a Father's Day Party, and because Stephen's birthday is in June, I invited friends to our house for the birthday party and surprised Father's Day party on 6/13.

It was our small group's term to pass the gospel fliers, so we went to the church at 9:30am and then went to two different market to pass out the fliers. By the time we got home, it was about 11am. God helped us to slow down the time, so we had time to prepare for the lunch before friends came. It was a potluck style lunch, and we did get many yummy dishes from different families.

At this moment, Daddys didn't know about the Father's Day Party yet, but moms knew about it. We sang happy birthday to Stephen and then kids sang:

Daddy loves me this I know
And I love him as well
He cares for me as I grow
I am weak but he is strong
Yes, daddy loves me; yes, daddy loves me; yes, daddy loves me, and I love him as well.

Now, I announced that it's actual a Father's Day Party. Kids took out the cards that they prepared earlier to the daddys.

We then played games and let Dad take some quizzes, such as:
recognize your kids by touching the head only (without seeing); kids' birth date; kids' weight; their best friend's and teacher's name; what they don't like to eat........

And then, Moms learned to help Dads tie the tie, and we had a photo session for each family. Finally, we had 2 ice cream cakes for the birthday boy and Dads.

Later at 6pm, we had a dinner with Stephen's brother and sister-in-law. It was yummy, too.

For photos taken on 6/13, please go to the slide show on the right hand side of the blog.

4 則留言:

May 提到...

妳的生活太忙碌了,所以就失聲了,晚上不要
太晚睡.

Jenniflower 提到...

Stephen got surprised birthday parties almost every year!

nadia 提到...

too bad...we missed the fun! but glad that you all had a great time. were those dads surprised and touched to tears.... ^^

Happy Family 提到...

Mom: ok
JF: This year, the birthday party was not a surprise, but Father's Day party was; however, Ha told him before hands. (In the morning, Ha and Stephen went to one market to pass out the fliers, and Hee and I went to the other one, and Ha told him when I was not around.)
Nadia: I don't know...I forgot to pay attention to their facial expression when we sang the song.