2009年6月4日 星期四

Blood Drive at De Anza College

I've moved here for 2 years, and I almost drive pass De Anza College every day, but I've never got an opportunity to get in. Today, there's blood drive in De Anza College, so I made an appointment to donate the blood while both Ha and Hee were at school.

The blood drive was located at their Student Council Room which is the downstairs of the cafeteria. While I was waiting, I looked at how other people sitting around me were doing. Most of them were reading the books, of course, and it reminded me of the midterms, quizzes, finals and homework that I haven't seen for years. I'm just "few" years older than they are, but our lives are so different now. I started donating the blood when I was in college 10"+" years ago, and I believed that I was reading a book while waiting as well.

As these memories came bcak to me, another thought came right in: " in 10 years, Ha will be in college, too"! I looked at the boys passing by and thought that Ha will look so big like them in 10 years. How is it possible? He's only 45 lbs, and he needs to be 110 lbs in college in order to give blood, and that means that he needs to gain 65 lbs in 10 years. I did a little math: 45/7=6.4; 65/10=6.5. Yes, if he grows in the rate that he's growing now, he can be 110lbs when he's in college. He will look like a "man" not a "boy" in 10 years.

Well, anyways, those thoughts made my waiting time interesting and fun, but I definitely hoped that they won't grow up so fast.

3 則留言:

Sophia 提到...

Donating blood is a wonderful thing to do. I am under 110 lb. now too bad I cannot do it. I donated blodd once when I had the baby fat after Xin was born.

Happy Family 提到...

I am never under 110lb after middle school, so blood donation has become a routine of my life. I do it almost every 8 weeks.

Jenniflower 提到...

I am under 110 pounds... Not qualify.