2009年4月8日 星期三

Silkworm again & Good bye, Hermit Crab

Last week, one day, I saw the hermit crab stopped moving, so we buried him beside one of the peach trees in the backyard. Around the same time, I saw the Mulberry Tree starting having green leaves, so I went to check on our silkworm eggs, and some of them have been hatched to mini silkworms.

At beginning, it was so hard to see them by the eyes, but now, after a week, they turned into grey little worms, and I believed that not for long, they will be white, fat babies.
This year, I only saved few eggs, so I'm sure that we won't see thousands of silkworms like last year. However, when I told Stephen that silkworms were hatched, he said: “不要讓我看到,免得我看到之後要餵他們”。It looks like that he is not fully recovered from last year's “蠶災”。

6 則留言:

Jenniflower 提到...

I thought you sold all your silkworms to the silk company last time.

Hermit crab's life is short!

Jenny 提到...

We are raising silkworms in our classroom too. I think the eggs will hatch soon.

Happy Family 提到...

JF: yes, we sold the cocoons after the moths were out. Therefore,the moths still laid many eggs. I threw most of them away.
This hermit crab was about 1.5 years old. I heard that some of them may live longer. This one was lonely, so he might not be able to live so long. However, when we bought another one home for a company, he bit that one to death in few hours, so we didn't buy any new ones to live with him ever since.

Jenny: If your class needs Mulberry leaves, please let me know. We have 2 big mulberry trees in our yard.

Sophia 提到...

So there is always "pets" at your home....

Happy Family 提到...

That's right.

匿名 提到...

The only pet I like is fish.