2009年4月1日 星期三

Grapefruit

Our grapefruit tree bore a lot of grapefruits every year. They are big and beautiful but VERY sour.

I used about 6 grapefruits, water, and honey to make grapefruit juice. Stephen and I thought that it was yummy, but Ha and Hee were not used to that taste, and they wanted me to make lemon/honey juice instead, which I have been making every week. It was our regular drink.

Our final decision was to make these 2 kinds of juice alternatively; however, it meant that we won't be able to consume our grapefruit as fast as we thought. Anybody wants to help us consume the grapefruit? They are sour, but by adding the honey, the juice is good. Want to try it?

8 則留言:

匿名 提到...

Are they really sour?
I don't like to add honey to make juice, but I like to eat grapefruits. If they are edible, they I will eat them.

Happy Family 提到...

Well,不加honey第一口很酸,再來也還能忍受,可是喝完一整杯,酸味會在口裡迴盪10分鐘。

Pko2003 提到...

I use your grapefruit as lemon in my cooking and making home-made jam...hahaha

Happy Family 提到...

Do you want more?

Pko2003 提到...

好阿,我來跟你學弄成汁。

Happy Family 提到...

I'll bring you more tonight.

Pko2003 提到...

實在太愛你家的grapefruit...我拿這個當醋來用,拿來拌沙拉,煮義大利麵,烤雞跟醃胡蘿菠都超美味的,之後的果皮拿來當洗碗,洗完碗再到回收箱掉,物盡其用。Can I have more?

Happy Family 提到...

Of Course!樹上還有很多,下次再帶給妳。妳真是創意王,那麼酸的東西妳還有那麼多發揮的方法。Grapefruit地下有知也該暝目了。