2009年4月14日 星期二

Closet

I was cleaning up Ha's closet this afternoon. It was not big, but it's a walk-in closet.

When I moved things and boxes out of his closet, one of the corner looked empty, and Ha was excited running in and said that he wanted to read and work at that corner in the closet. It sounded crazy but familiar.

When I just came to the U.S., we lived in 中山大廈 in Oakland Chinatown, and in our room, there's a small walk-in closet. I liked to borrow books from the Asian library downstairs and read the books in the closet with the door closed. The books that I liked to read were 偵探小說, such as 福爾摩斯,亞森羅蘋, and I was so into the book in my own world in the closet.

Closet, 或許是個讓人感到安全,溫暖的地方。

9 則留言:

Sophia 提到...

I remember that! We were sharing the same bedroom at the time. I guess that was a way to find some privacy. Jen used the "closet" between the stairway and bathroom for study too.

Happy Family 提到...

I didn't remember the place that Jen used to study. Maybe when she's studing, I was in the closet reading,too. I just remembered that I even brought my sleeping bag to the closet to sleep. I can't imagine how I will react if Ha tells me that he wants to sleep in the closet.

Claudia 提到...

Me too!! I love 偵探小說, such as 福爾摩斯,亞森羅蘋. I read all 亞森羅蘋's books when I was in elementary school.

Happy Family 提到...

哈哈,找到同好了!不過我是大學時候才開始讀的,比較晚熟。

匿名 提到...

Ya, I remember my study room!

Happy Family 提到...

Really? How come I didn't remember it? Can you give more description about it?

匿名 提到...

My study room was on the left when you walk all the way up the stairs. It was between the stairway and the upstair restroom.

匿名 提到...

It was a storage and our Dad changed it to a room.

Happy Family 提到...

Is it a space or a room? I still didn't have a clue. Was I there?