2009年4月9日 星期四

The Bathroom is occupied

Before, Ha and Hee only brushed their teeth at night before sleep, and every time I asked them to brush the teeth in the morning, they refused to. Since we were mostly in a rush in the morning, I just let it go. However, I really wanted to train them to brush the teeth and wash the face when they wake up.

I got an idea. I usually brushed my teeth as soon as I woke up, and they never noticed it. Therefore, I changed my schedule. I would cook the breakfast and make their lunch box and then just before I sat down for the breakfast, I would say " Oh, I need to brush my teeth now." When I came back from the bathroom, I would express my "口氣清新,神清氣爽”的 enjoy my breakfast. I "acted" for few days and didn't mention that they needed to brush their teeth, too. However, from about a week ago, ha started to close the bathroom door and brush his teeth and washed his face before the breakfast; and today, Hee copied it, too, and he locked the bathroom door, so Ha waited outside for his turn.

My dream came true! However, now, the new worry is that they spend too much time in the bathroom, and I'm afraid that they will be late for school!

3 則留言:

Sophia 提到...

Maybe now you should "model" the bathroom routine, brush teeth and wash face FAST! I like your way of parenting!=)

Happy Family 提到...

To be honest, I don't know what they did in the bathroom because they both closed the door.

匿名 提到...

Set the timer!

Modeling is a good way to teach kids!