2009年1月11日 星期日

I love to play games

Recently, I had a lot of opportunities to play games with relatives and friends: Uno in Elk Grove; A Disney board game in brother's house; Connect-4, match game and Chess at home; and a Growing bean game in P&J (peanut butter & jelly?)'s house last night. I really enjoy playing all kinds of games with people because we talked and laughed during the games. I didn't care if I won or lost, and I just loved to get an opportunity to use my brain and to connect with people. I have no interest in computer game or game boy because they didn't have 人味. One board game that I was not very interested in was Monopoly. I used to like it, but now, I thought that it's kind of boring. It didn't require a lot of the brain power to play it~~just purely luck.

Ha never wants to play the game, and I believe that the main reason for that is that he's afraid of losing the game. He doesn't want to feel defeated. It's not very healthy, and I try to help him to face the challenge and overcome his fear; therefore, nowadays, I liked to team up with him or asked Hee to team up with him, so when he lost, he had a partner, too. He's a very lucky person, and when he joined the team, the team mostly won, so he didn't get many opportunities to face the failure. Hee likes to play, and he's ok to play alone, so every day, he will ask Stephen or I to play with him one or two games. It's good to stimulate his brain and to help his interpersonal skills.

If you have any suggestions of good and interesting board games, please let me know!

5 則留言:

匿名 提到...

I like to play game as well. It's really a fun thing to do when people get together. During the holidays, we played UNO, scrabble, battle ship ...J's bean game is new for us and fun to play too.

匿名 提到...

We play Candyland with our kids. I learnt this game from JF's home. Ro showed it to me. Ai and Xin likes it. Matching game is fun too, I think.

Happy Family 提到...

Nadia: What is Battle ship game? I haven't heard of it.

SF: You bought the matching game for Ha and Hee few years ago. Candyland is too easy, so I'm not very interested in it.

匿名 提到...

Battle ship is kid's game. 兩個人各有一個基地,先把五艘戰艦自由地排放在基地上,(不可讓對方看到),誰先把對方的船擊沈,那個人就瀛了。
It is a fun game. Don't worry, there's no any violence involved.

Happy Family 提到...

Sounds Fun!