2010年5月21日 星期五

2nd Grade Insect Fair Fieldtrip

I went with Hee's class on the fieldtrips twice, but I haven't got the opportunity to go with Ha's class this year because of the time conflict. This time, their fieldtrip will come back to school around 12pm before Hee's class is over at 12:25pm, so Ha asked me to sign up.

Personally, I am really not very interested in going on the fieldtrip with kids (but I liked to go when I was a kid) because it's a big respobsibilty. In Hee's class, a parent needs to be in charge of 4 to 5 kids, and in Ha's class, a parent needs to be in charge of 6.

Usually, teachers will divide kids into groups based on their friendship; that is, kids will usually be in the group with their good friends. Thank God that Ha and Hee are not wild kids, so their friends are more on the quiet side which is better for me to handle.

Yesterday, Ha's class went to an insect fair in Sanborn State Park. A girl S was in our group and sitting next to me on the bus. As we went uphill, she looked nervous and sounded nervous, and she told me that she has "motion sickness", which is, when she was in the car on the winding roads, she will feel sick. Gosh, another one! I was worrying about Ha, too, but he seemed to be fine. As I tried to comfort her, I started thinking what I should do if she really vomits, and I remembered that I have 2 small plastic bags in my purse, so I was getting ready to take the bags out whenever she needs it. Thank God that Sanborn Park was not too far, and we got there before she needed the bags.

Kids were having fun on this educational fair. Then, we had a short hike which meant that kids could run all over the place more freely to observe the nature, plants and insects and meant that I needed to keep my eyes on 6 kids. I repeated counting 1,2,3,4,5,6 every few minutes to ensure that all of my kids were still there. At the meantime, I also needed to give them some guidance about the nature observation.
I was so happy to see the school bus again because it meant that we were going back to school. On the way back, it's downhill, so kids pretended that they were riding a roller coaster. Every one was so happy, and that "motion sickness" lady was too happy to remember her sickness. When we were back in town, that lady called me again: "The bus is speeding up. It's speeding up, it's speeding up, I can feel it!!!!!" This time, I didn't know what to say because we were on the regular street, and the bus was not very fast at all. I told her that even her daddy or mommy drives faster than this, and I surely drive faster than this most of the time. Finally, she was convinced that the bus was on the normal and rather slow speed, so she was fine again.

Today, I just found out that Hee will have 2 other fieldtrips in June, one to the park, and the other one to the zoo. ( I went with Ha to the zoo when he's in kindergarten.) I don't want to, but I'm pretty sure that I will go anyways.

2 則留言:

nadia 提到...

哈哈的學校真好, 去 field trip 還有 school bus 可以坐! 呼呼的學校都是家長當司機。

Happy Family 提到...

那妳們更慘!
他們幾乎每次都坐bus去。