2009年8月2日 星期日

7/21 Sea World

Sophia's family came to our hotel in the morning, so we could go to Sea World together. They have been there so many times, but they still made time to go with us on their last day in San Diego...thank you!



With “本地人”Sophia and Ran as our special tour guides, we moved easily from one show site to another without reading the map.



We went to : Shamu (day and night), dolphin, Sea Lion, Pet's rule, Cirque de la Mer---shows

Tip Tide----nighttime stage show presented by musicians, dancers and athletes

Sesame Street---4D movie

Water play area, play structures, and a rollover lawn

and we watched the firework after Shamu show at night.

We went there at 11am, and we left at around 10pm. It was a long and fun day. Ran's parents came to join us at 5pm.

I really enjoyed all the shows. Each one was different, but yet, each one was very entertaining and attracted all our attentions. Almost all the shows had a "splash zone" meaning that when you sit on that zone, there's a good chance that you are going to get wet. Ha insisted in sitting in this zone, so we took turns to sit with him. Personally, I liked that zone, too, and Sophia sat in that zone many times as well. Hee was not very into the water thing, so he always sat far away from the stage.

Our seats got better and better one show after the other. During the Cirque de la Mar show, we couldn't find good seats, then we saw some seats close to the stage, but they were marked as "platinum member only". Since the show was about to start, the staff allowed us to sit on those seats, and we watched the show clearly. Our last show was Shamu Rocks. Again, it's all packed. Since there's no hope for the splash zone, we tried the seats upstairs, but they were reserved, so we went down again. Finally, we saw few empty seat in the splash zone, so Ha, Sophia and I went to sit down. After we settled down, we realized that our seats were ones of the best seats. It was the 2nd row on the middle of the stage where Shamu would be on. We were super excited, and when you watched the video clip, you would definitely hear our voices: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbZ_I7N32rE I didn't take out my camera in time, so the clip was short. I hid by camera under the raincoat, and I only took it out when I was sure that there wouldn't be any more splash.

Two other video clip: Water playing area: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTl5rb7XPd8

Rolling down the hill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CXfMQjbux8

I felt that Seaworld was a "must-go" in San Diego trip.

Thank God for keeping us safe and happy, and we were very grateful for this trip.

7 則留言:

Pko2003 提到...

啊~好羨慕歐!我超想去sea world,比迪士尼還想去。可是我老公很不愛去人多的地方,怕會掉小孩。

Happy Family 提到...

他真謹慎啊!非假日或等開學後,人就不會那麼多了。

Personally, I'm not a big fan of Disneyland. I've been there before I was married, but I didn't feel anything special, and my kids were not too interested in those Disney characters, so we didn't plan to go there. Seaworld is much better. Both adults and kids were entertained.

Sophia 提到...

We had a great time with your family too. I never got tired going to Sea World. Too fun!

Happy Family 提到...

You are excellent tour guides. Thanks!

Sophia 提到...

主要還是我有個愛玩也會玩的老公! 我是東南西北也分不清楚的!

Jenniflower 提到...

I need to go there some day.

Happy Family 提到...

JF: I thought that you went to Marine World with your family before. Maybe they were similar? I don't know.