2009年8月31日 星期一

Fire Drill

This morning, I helped in Hee's classroom. They have about 26 kids in a class; 16 kids go to school from 9am to 12:25pm; 10 kids are from 10:55am to 3:05pm, so they are overlapped from 10:55am to 12:25pm, and the teacher welcomes parents volunteers to help out in the classroom.

Today, there's a fire drill, and it's my first time to join the fire drill at school in the US. The teacher explained very clearly before the drill, so the kids fully understood what they were supposed to do. When the bell rang, the teacher asked kids to cover their ears because the bell was very loud. By doing that, kids didn't talk, either because everyone covered their ears, and nobody could hear others anyways. Within few minutes, all the kids gathered in the field quietly. It amazed me that all 600+ kids could be there in good order and without making any noises. I believed that they will be doing fine when the real thing happens.

2 則留言:

Jenniflower 提到...

I remembered we had fire drill in school when we were young.

Happy Family 提到...

Yes, but that's in Taiwan. I was always very excited about it because we didn't need to continue the class.