2010年6月24日 星期四

Kid to Work Day- Twist and Twist

Today is Kid to Work Day, and in my previous entry, I was looking forward to having a relaxing day by myself since both kids would go with Stephen to work. Even though I didn't have any specific plan in mind, just thinking of being alone without the kids for 8 hours excited me.

However, at the last minute, Hee changed his mind and wished to stay home with me. Well, what can I say? I will get a lot of alone time when they grow up, and when they are still young, I should cherish the time that they want to spend with me. My Mom bought a Toy Story 3 T-shirt for Hee, and Hee wanted to watch the movie, but Ha didn't want to go. Since Ha would go with Stephen, it's a good opportunity to bring Hee to the movie.

It was a great movie, and we watched 3D version. It's cheaper to watch before noon. It was about Andy's toys. Since he's going to the college, his toys would be either moved to the new place with him, be put in the attic, or be thrown away. The toys helped each other to get through all kinds of dangerous situation; and finally, they found a good home for themselves. At the last part of the movie, Andy was packing for the college, and he had to leave those toys that he played dearly at young age behind. Ha had his yellow blanket, and Hee had his white and blue blankets, and they brought the blankets everywhere. The blankets were dear to them, but few years from now, they may not need the blankets anymore; few years from now, they may not play Legos anymore, may not play with their stuffed animals anymore. Ten years from now, Ha will go to the college, just like Andy. Hee was concentrated on the movie, and I was glad that I was sitting beside him.

When we got home, we got the phone from Stephen that Ha had a good time in his office, and he was asking if Hee wanted to go, too. Hee said ok, so I packed him a bread to eat in the car and drove to Stephen's company right away. Hee didn't want to go to the classes alone like Ha, so we went to the talent show together. One of the kids sang beautifully, and one of the kids did hula hoops well, but others were just ok. Most of them were 印度小孩。After the show, we met Ha, and he enjoyed the day in Daddy's office so much. Stephen's company had "Mad Science" organize the scientific activities and classes for kids and played two movies; also, kids could spend time in the museum, so they wouldn't get bored.



Original plan: Stephen brought two kids to work
Twist 1: Hee stayed home with me
Twist 2: It became our "whole family" to work day

Conclusion: I am a very flexible person, and I take easy with changes. No matter how many twists in a day, I'm still happy.

4 則留言:

Steven Houng 提到...

no wonder it is "Happy Family" :)

Sophia 提到...

Yea, time with our kids is precious. I want to watch Toy Story 3 when things are settled in CA.

Jenniflower 提到...

Being flexible is great!

Phil took the Kids to watch Shrek Final Chapter 3D on Wednesday night while I was teaching the weekly live seminar online.

We will have some reunion with our old Berkeley friends next weeek.
Chi Kao from CFC Berkeley will stayed overnight at our house on 6/30, and Ben Tsui from CFC Berkeley will visit our house on 7/2.

BF: Our church's VBS is next week (6/28 to 7/2 from 6-9 PM. Will Ha and Hee be interested to join?

Happy Family 提到...

Steven: thanks
SF: It's a good movie.
JF: We need to get ready for camping, so we can't go to the VBS.