2009年2月8日 星期日

Ice Skating

I couldn't believe that I would go to ice skating again in my life!

I only went ice skating once when I was in college, and I didn't like it at all. I could hardly move on the ice, and my leg and feet hurt, and I just couldn't think of any fun that it brought.

Friday night, Ha told us that he wanted to go skating. He went to roller skating once when he was in preschool, and he wanted to go again; however, we didn't know any roller skating center near us. A friend told us that there's a ice center close to our house.

Ha was very stubborn, and he didn't want to go ice skating, so we told him that we only went to the Ice Center to see what the ice skating is, and if he likes to, we can go next time.

Ha changed fast, and as soon as he saw the Ice Center, he wanted to skate, and Hee wanted to go, too. Both of them didn't have any ice skating experience, and it's not easy for Stephen to take care of two of them on the slippery ice, so I had no choice but to go in with them.

Hee was with Stephen, and Ha was with me. Stephen was holding Hee, and Ha wanted me to hold him, too. However, as soon as I stepped on the ice, I knew immediately that I wouldn't be able to be any kind of help to Ha because I could hardly help myself. I told Ha that he would be on his own because I was struggling, too. He was very willing to obey this time because he could see that I was in big trouble. Ha and I started by leaning on the wall and then freeing our hands little by little. Ha did much better than I was, and he could walk freely on the ice. Hee was walking fast, too, and he even walked too fast and made Stephen fall twice because they were holding together. Then, Hee learned to walk on his own, and he seemed to be better than I was. I was the slowest one among them. Even though Stephen also only went ice skating once before, he skated very well. Well, although I didn't do very well, I felt better than last time, and I felt a little fun. Ha seemed to have a lot of fun, and he said that he wanted to go again, again, and again!

2 則留言:

匿名 提到...

I don't think ice skating is for me after our ice skating experience in college.

Happy Family 提到...

Exactly. I don't think that ice skating is for me after that time as well. However, now, I felt that I may learn it some day if we keep going there.